Pages

Thursday, 8 January 2009

first fan fic.

First Fanfic-NOT LOVE RELATED.
-as posted on soompi-

© Yinnie Chung 2009. All rights reserved. Distribution of any kind is prohibited without the
written consent of Yinnie Chung.

The following is a work of Fiction. The events and characters are fictional and the celebrity names/images merely borrowed and do not represent who the celebrity is in real life. No offence is intended towards them, their families or friends.


I suddenly thought up this one shot today and i was itching to write it. I'm not usually a fanfiction writer, but I'm going to give it a shot and see what reactions I get. I decided to go against the very enjoyable dramatic/romance fanfictions that usually fill this forum. It's about father-daughter paternal relationship and focuses on a workaholic father.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM PLEASE?



Envy
-Written by Yinnie Chung



See that girl in the middle of the photograph? Mid-Height; average face; average nose;
rather pleasant looking with an ordinary smile? That was my class photo; I was 8 years old.

Flip forward ten years; another class photograph, Mid-Height, average face, average nose;
rather pleasant looking with an ordinary smile? Class photo ’08, I was 18 years old.

Normal ordinary schoolgirl, right?

I’ll let you in on a secret: I am none other than Lee Soo Man’s only daughter.
Lee Soo Man? Yes, otherwise known as the big boss of SM entertainment.

Being Lee Soo Man’s only daughter wasn’t hard,
we agreed to keep his identity a secret to avoid unwanted attention from both the Media and my peers.
Furthermore, I went to an ordinary school, and kept away from the entertainment circle.
Due to these many cautions, not many people knew that Lee Soo Man had a daughter.

Honestly, do you really think I would like to be bombarded with talent CVs?

It wasn’t as if I was a social recluse,
I was far from that,
I regularly helped out at the office,
I was familiar with the stars of SM; including Shinhwa, Fly to the Sky, H.O.T, DBSK, The Grace, SNSD, Super Junior and BoA.


-I would by lying to say I wasn’t envious of the talented bunch as mentioned above,
but not because of their talent.


I didn’t envy their looks
Or their stardom
In fact, I quite enjoyed my freedom, to go out with friends and be unnoticed.
To be able to wander round the streets of Seoul and not worry about practice.

To be completely honest;
I envied the time they spent with my father.

Ever since I was 8 years old, I would come home to just my mother and the housekeeper.
I rarely saw my father, he was so busy with finding talent and honing their skills, we never really spent time together.


No holidays, no day trips, Nothing.


As I grew into my teen years, I helped out at the SM office with filing and such things, one usually does on an internship
(except for the fact, mine happened to be a free pass everywhere.)

I should have been grateful to help out at such a big company,
but instead turned me into the green eyed monster-
wild with envy.

I saw my father spending more time with the likes of DBSK, BoA and The Grace.
For example; When Junsu got an iPod directly from my father?
Yes, I was jealous, not because of the iPod, but because he could connect to my father in the way I never could.
He flew around the world to be with them and made them the successes they are.
They saw him as a father figure, and he welcomed this role.

In reality, they were more his children than I ever will be.
And, it will never change.
But I can try

So here are the words from an ordinary average girl to her father; Daddy, I love you.

0 Golden Nuggets: