Pages

Monday, 21 June 2010

Cooking Blog-ga?

I bought the cutest le creuset pot for a fiver last week. If some of you know me, I'm a massive fan of these pots, you get casserole pots, dishes, tagine pots, ramekins, heart shaped ramekins (which i have) and comes in an array of colours. (I'm still lemming after a LE le creuset cherry blossom pink from Japan)

I bought a blue purple mini heart shaped ramekin, it's actually quite deep which means, I'll be able to use it for soup (Chinese love their soup!) and it has a handy lid on top which will keep it warm. I could make pie, just stick a pastry top, baked eggs, make portion sized crumble and since I am pretty much cooking for one at uni anyways, I like portion sized food (and it keeps you from overeating!)

Actually, on the note of overeating, I was watching c4's cook yourself thin, and I saw how to make a low calorie chilled cheesecake but instead of cream, she used low fat yoghurt and cream cheese with a little sugar and then layered the mixture with fruit in tumbler glasses. I will try that this summer!

p.s: The title refers to the NDS game: Cooking Mama. =)


A little pot of love. =D

I've got a few posts to do this week actually featuring vitacreme b12 & sleek. =)

10 Golden Nuggets:

☆Anastacia☆ said...

What a cute pot!! I like the color! Awe! It's absolutely enjoyable to cook into those pots!

Dina (XYYan) said...

The pot is so cute! :D

Nic Nic said...

you sounds like a good cook... you should blog more what you cook! mm

Old Cow said...

Cute! I wish I could like this brand but I dropped a pan on my foot once and now all that is left in HATE. lol

Yin said...

Thanks Dina and Anastacia.

Nic Nic: I really should but since i got an electric cooker (I had a gas cooker in my first study year) I stopped cooking passionately, i want to sitr fry but there is no..chinese wok hei. LOL.

Old Cow: Ouch, I hope your foot is okay. I like it only because i fell in love with a beautiful limited edition one, I have not much love for the generic orange casserole pots LOL. I'm shallow, i know. =D

evie said...

wahh looks like this pot is very versatile!!

Jian said...

I have been lusting after le creuset pot for a while! But they're SO DARN EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that little heart one is adorable. <3 Bow much did you bag it for?

Yin said...

@Jian: I bought it for £5 in TKmaxx. They've got LOADS of cute heart shaped ramekins in there

Yumeko said...

omg tat is sooo cute!!~~

Shop N' Chomp said...

I keep on seeing these pots on blogs but have yet to see them in stores here. *cries* It's so cute!!