Pages

Friday, 4 June 2010

[Review] MUJI cleansing oil.

I've had a lot of requests for this review, since it is a new product recently introduced to British Muji Stores. So following the last post, this does follow on, prepare for lots of comparisons to other brands like Shu Uemura and DHC.

Photobucket

Muji is a Japanese brand, and is famous for it's non label products. Works on the theory-'It does what it says in the tin'. I like Muji Products, they're simple and effective, in my experience! the makeup brushes are pretty damn good, reasonably priced (compared to MAC anyways!)

Back to the Cleansing oil, In terms of cleaning, I do feel like it's a lighter sort of oil, perhaps not as light as the Shu Uemura (see last post) but much lighter than DHC. The consistency is not as luxurious as the DHC but in terms of cleaning, it does its job really well, the effects aren't immediate but the next morning, I do feel a lot cleaner. However, I don't recommend using it daily, it would strip alot of oils (Yes I know, it's an oil) but I think for some skintypes, it may feel like it strips. I only ever use it if I'm wearing heavy duty makeup.

The price: 200ml just under £10, It's certainly very good compared to DHC's 200ml bottle for £16, or Shu Uemura's collection which begin from a hefty £27 onwards. It's in between both as well, in terms of consistency so it's a great alternative to either of those. It's also packaged very well, it has a grip for the pump so you won't lose any product is you drag it around, like I do because I move from Canterbury to London and vice versa.

Photobucket
200ml for a tenner! BARGAIN!

Are there any cons? In my opinion, unlike the DHC, the Muji cleansing oil didn't have the wow factor or immediate effects! I think DHC is a very luxurious cleansing oil, it emusifies very quickly. Muji's one doesn't emulsify enough in my opinion but I don't have any qualms other than that, but it doesn't surprise me, because it's a cheap effective oil cleanser and there's nothing on the packaging that claims that it does amazingly well. It's not marketed as such, and I think that is why Muji is so popular. There's a real honesty about it. I'm not paid to big up Muji or anything

Extra Musings
Ingredients: Hydrogenated polyisobutane, peg-7 glycerol cocoate, ethyl oleate, sorbitan europaea (olive) fruit oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba)seed oil, helianthus annuus (hybrid sunflower) oil, dipropylene glycol, citrus aurantium dulsis (orange) flower water, water, butylene glycol, propylparaben, butylparaben, tocopherol, prunus armeniaca (apricot) juice, glycerin, prunus persica (peach) leaf extract.

As I pointed out in the last post, there are some studies showing that parabens are carcinogenic, so if you are trying to avoid it, don't purchase. Personally, I'm pretty risky with my life and apparently everything is carcinogenic now, even being a woman.

FTC: I bought this product with my own money, I have no affiliation to Muji in any way or form.

Oh yes, I now have a GMAIL account, so if you want to send me any love or any requests, please comment or email me at: Yinnie203@gmail.com

I end on another picture. OOTD for Yesterday. I love this dress, it's the epitome of the summer!
Photobucket

8 Golden Nuggets:

C. said...

LMAO at "apparently everything is carcinogenic now, even being a woman. hahahahahaha this cracked me up girl! i completely agree, everything gives us cancer so might as well try it all anyways. great review! and i love the outfit you are too cute!

Nic Nic said...

Thank you for the review! I'm currently using softymo from lose very cheap for 350, I think. Like you said cheap but effective! I didn't like dhc or shu that much :( I'd def check out the muji one here before I repurchase softymo! I just want a product to take off the makeup..

I'll shoot you an email sometime for sure!

Looking gorgeous in that pretty dress!

Nic Nic said...

Oops I meant kose at 350ml lol

Yin said...

@C: LOL I know, when i wrote that i was thinking of the cancer song, i'll tweet you the link!

@Nic Nic: ahh Have you already got a review on the Kose? =) Thanks for reading

x

Rae // theNotice said...

Thanks for the review, doll! I LOVE that dress -- and your heels :)

So, because I'm bad at sifting for reviews/totally lost here/a little lazy: would you mind recommending your favourite cleansing oil for dry skin? Mine is *peeling off*, and I think switching to a cleansing oil might help.

(At least, I really hope it'll help!)

Yin said...

@Rae: Out of the ones i've tried, I think the DHC one would be great, it really hydrated my skin. =) I've only tried the deep cleansing one which is more readily available in the west, but i heard DHC in asia also do lighter concoctions. =) Hope I helped

Yumeko said...

whee thanks for doing the review

love the dress!!!!

Rae // theNotice said...

Thanks, love :) I'll be sure to check out the DHC!