Pages

Thursday, 3 February 2011

Why I did not attend IMATS 2011

I have been MIA for a while and the following post will be twofold,
1) it will highlight why I did not attend the biggest makeup fayre of the year and thus failed as a beauty blogger
2)explain why I've been hiding under a rock for pretty much a month, give or take a few days.

So I'd like to apologise to those who have urged me to blog more. Yeah, I'm what you classify as a uhm...'inactive' lazy blogger. Yes that's also one of the reasons why I didn't attend IMATS.

So Why I did not attend IMATS....
a) I was ill
b) I may have been hungover, thus point (a)
c) I wasn't intending to. *cue gasps from the dedicated beauty bloggers* I do not want to be jostled around by women of all age and size for makeup, and if we refer to point (b) that would not be a wise idea.
d) It was freakin' £40 for door entry (this contributes to point (c)) I need that money for food and rent and other things a student may need the money for. (Again, refer to point (b))
e) It was in London and as much as I love the big smoke, it's just too far to go and that would require getting out of bed. (and that would be a no-no, please refer to (a) & (b) for possible reasons why.
f) I had work and presentation to get on with. Monday deadline. and I don't think buying MUFE HD products will help me with a presentation on the moral implications of Ghosts, because they er..don't need to buy makeup. (and dead, obviously)
g) I was saving my money for a number of fickle things that I find online at 3am in the morning, and I don't get pushed around (see point (c))
h)My money will also be going on a different kind of festival, on the taste of london fair in June because by the time I've finished my degree (f) I will have time to stuff my face.

I now realise that alot of my laziness stems from point (b) and I MAY need to get that checked out....

Before I go, I'd like to wish all my lovely readers the best of luck because it's Chinese New Year and because you all deserve it for putting up with my ramblings.

So Gong xi fai cai everyone! Wishing you Health, Wealth and Happiness!

2 Golden Nuggets:

Miss Jayce said...

HAppy chinese new year to you too!! Its okay not to go to the IMATS, i didnt go last year either =P and plus, im not really into some of the brands because they are very theatric. i was more into fun playful make up =P

I was you feel better now =)

geu.rae.seo said...

£40 entrance fee?!?!?! WTF?! Jesus on stilts that's in-freaking-sane! -__-"

Anyway.. looking forward to a blog about the stuff I got you : P I wanna know how u like the quad! -runs in circles-