Pages

Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Non C'est la Vie!

You know what would be the ultimate indulgence right now, taking a weekend break, to the most romantic and garlicky city in the world!

Paris!


















If I could it would be amazing to have the time to drop everything and go. Pack a weekend worth's of clothes and spend the days eating french bread, garlic and French patisseries and wandering the nooks and crannies off the Rues.

For me, as morbid as it may sound, I'd like to visit the now derelict cemetery innocents and also the mass graves of the 1792 revolutions. Spend the afternoon in quiet respect for the historical meanings. Cuz I'm a total geek. When you've spent the time in your degree and work experience exploring Paris through the net, I suppose everything is more whimsically and horrifically realistic.

Although, like I just tweeted to a friend, You can't plan Paris. That's why it's the city of romance. You RUN to Paris on a whim, it's the ultimate decadence. That's the beauty of it.

Alas, my degree does not allow this at this current point in time. Damn you, Dissertation!

Where's your ideal weekend break?

0 Golden Nuggets: