Pages

Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Eye-llusion. FOTD + OOTD+ UPDATE

Dress and makeup from Monday night for my friends' 21st celebrations.

My dress makes people's eyes go funny. O_o
So I realised that a dress that tries to kill people's eyes is a really hard outfit to pair makeup up with. I opted with a navy gradation.



















Dress: H&M UKsz.6
Belt: MButterfly-free size
Shoes: Dorothy Perkins UKsz3, euro36 (I heart THEM SO MUCH, WHY DON'T THEY LOVE ME BACK??!)

The FACE
Photobucket
Photobucket

Base Makeup:
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream No.21 (I've been suffering from a breakout recently so I decided that perhaps BB cream would be the best option for my skin. Surprisingly, the spf shine wasn't too bad in photos. :)
Hanskin BB cream (Highlight)
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer Shade 1
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 01 Translucent
Shiseido maquillage Face creator 3d.

Eyes
Shiseido Maquillage Eye creator 3d, cream shadow in the palette
Laura Mercier single eyeshadow in sandbar
Sleek Bohemian palette: Matte Navy(Outer V) and Matte Cream
UD Alixe Palette in Alice.
UD 24/7 liner in Zero
Shiseido Majorca Majolica Lash expander plus mascara

Lips
Paul and Joe Lipbalm
Sephora label Gloss in sparkly red.

I think I should start investing in eyebrow products since there seems to be a massive gap in my right eyebrow. I'm a little apprehensive though cuz they're naturally bushy and I usually only have stray hairs. I just never invested in any products because I was never given the light wispy gentle brows that a lot of asian girls have, the ones that are so easily manipulated. I'm so jealous of those of you who do have easily manipulated brows! Asian or Not! :D

Also RANDOM STATIONARY HAUL! I saw these on Kathy at Lotuspalace and I JUST HAD TO GET IT. It's BEYOND cute. I'll definitely be using these for my new course starting in september (as diaries!) (I bet you didn't see that coming, LOL I'm surprised at myself, I'm such an idiot at times-How the fuck am I going to cope with a masters!)
Photobucket

Also I want to take the chance now to apologise for my lack of posts until mid May. As many of you may know, I'm currently in my third and final year of my degree and its the last leg of my undergrad life. I'll be working hard on dissertation, revision and exams and I won't be able to post. I hope you understand. I'll be back real soon blogging about
-dresses for summer balls
-my recent and ongoing breakout and any products that help alleviate it
-Dry skin on body and THE product to buy
-My extensive shopping list for my Asia trip.
-MORE reviews!

See You in Mid May, my dear readers. (Thank you to all of you who have stuck by my up and down hiatus blog year!)
xoxo

12 Golden Nuggets:

Nic Nic said...

i think you look fabulous - the dress and makeup!! i dont think the dress makes the eye go crazy at all - i love the colours! gd luck with all the studies!

나니 said...

It got a bit worse : / but hopefully it'll pass soon.. just got tiny bumps all over my cheek/jaw area.. : ( and my skin feels so tight and almost itchy! -kicks foundation-

I absolutely LOVED the package btw <3 My friends and I are already munching on the Maltesers! : D Thank you so so so much!

나니 said...

The coverage is just overall streaky and blotchy >_<" It'd adhere more in some places and not at all in other places..

OHHH it's a cleanser? : D I was gonna write you and ask what the bars are for. XD haha, now I know that the bar is a facial cleanser. <3 YAY! What about the half ball? Is that like a bath bomb or something? : D The lip scrub smells so goooood I wanna eat it! D:

We can buy Maltesers here. LOL. One bag is like almost £4,50++ .. it's ridiculous.. *hits Danish super markets*

Elisa ♥ said...

I like your make up :D and the dress is so colorful <3

Jennifer said...

haha i love your dress! LOL at 'make peoples eyes go funny O_O' how do you find/like the LM concealer?

anton said...

I like your top. You look so pretty here. I love the way you make the presentation of this bl9og.
eyelift

Jennifer said...

lol i have goldfish memory (easily forget things) thanks for reminding you have done a post on it though :)

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Your eye makeup looks really pretty! :)

TINGkabelle CHAN ♥ said...

i love cute diaries!! :D the one on the right is so cute!!!! <3
lovely post :)

x

tingkabelle-chan.blogspot.com

Blair said...

I really like your dress, it's stunning! And your eye makeup matches it perfectly ^^

Grrr yeah, I wish I have easily manipulated brows too!

My brows have all these bald spots and I even chopped off the tail? idk what to call it haha. Now I have to trim regularly and pencil everything in.. such a hassle but it's worth it for elongated brows.

나니 said...

HAHAA, yeah I know right? I once went on this gyaru girl's blog and asked her if she'd show her 'naked face' so that I could define the coverage of the product she was talking about and she just went "I'm sure u can find that on google. I'm not gonna post my make-up-less face on here".. I was like "O_____O ehh okay sorry, then" LOL. I bet tons of the gyaru girls are so insecure half of it would be sufficient. It's just stupid. I love having no makeup on.. I rub my eyes a lot, so when I wear makeup, I often forget that I'm wearing it.. and I smudge my pretty face all over! Haha!

OWWWW YAY! <3 I miss talking to you too! Have you been enjoying the Nilens Jord palette (and brushes) so far? : D I already found a few things for you for the next swap during summer.. I'm gonna try to ship it all from my new apartment (if I get it at all -__-")! Hehe! <3 Good luck with your exams! GO GO GO!

♔ linny said...

i love the diaries! hehe <3