Pages

Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Pikachu's Thunderbolt Attack EOTD

So I've been teasing you readers about a pokemon inspired made up look and here it is. The wait is OVER. I can finally reveal to you what I've been racking my brains about for the past 3 weeks since I've received my Shiro Cosmetics Pokeshadows. But even today's look isn't perfect. Not for me anyways, I still feel like I have something missing, an element that has come to me just as I am writing this blogpost. I'll explain later.

Here's the inspiration Photo: I know the Thunderbolt is yellow, but I already used the Yellow eyeshadow for the top and I need a contrast so I just picked the background colour. I know, I know, Thunderbolt should be either bright white or bright yellow, but in this case, blue seemed to portray how electrifying this Pokemon truly is. (and now I sound like David Attenborough! LOL)

Photobucket
Here's the final face look. I did put on red blush on the cheeks (Like Pikachu's red cheeks!) but they seem to wash out under flash. Probably would have been better off using a very strong cream blush. (Number 1 of my imperfections!)The Black on the outer V of the eyes is a creative take on Pikachu's ears. and the yellow, of course is Pikachu.
Photobucket
Here's a close up of the eye. Here's number two of my second imperfection, the lashes aren't done. The reasons are twofold. Firstly, I was creating this look around 8pm and I didn't really want to spend 15 minutes trying to get my mascara off. And secondly, I should've used BROWN mascara because Pikachu has brown stripes but I don't have a brown mascara in my collection. So in the ideal world, the lashes would be down and finished off with brown. But instead you have my imperfect eye makeup! I hope you don't mind!
Photobucket
Products Used:
Face
Benefit Coralista Blush
Eyes 
Muji Brown Palette: Pale yellow champagne colour as base
Shiro Cosmetics in Pikachu (Yellow)
UD Alice palette in Jabberwocky (Black)
Shiseido MM automatic Liner (Black)
NYX black eyeliner to tightline
UD 24/7 Liner in Flipside (Blue)
UD Alice Palette in Alice (Blue) to set the blue liner because 24/7 liner is pretty smudgy at times.



21 Golden Nuggets:

h.Emiru said...

Haha, the source of inspiration is GREAT just Great.
and the make turned out great !!

XoXo

Jen said...

that looks awesome :O
I love Pikachu and I LOVE your eye make up ^^~

Jamilla Camel said...

I love this look! Love the blue liner and shadow - really makes your eyes pop!

나니 said...

GURL THAT IS SO DAMN FREAKING AWESOME OMG! <3 *le hump*

Jess said...

great colors!!! i love pikachu and i love your eotd!!!

http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

Jian said...

AHAHAHAHA YINNIE I THINK WE SHOULD BE BEST FRIENDS!!!

I loooooooove this! This is so unexplicably awesome!

Old Cow said...

Love the inspiration and the look.

BTW Pikachu makes me feel hungry for some reason.

Radiant Make Up said...

This is such a cute look :)
completely gorgeous!! x

Kallen said...

This is really amazing!!
I love your detailed description, Pikachu would be proud ^^

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I love the theme of your EOTD! Very pretty! The green is gorgeous!

Lina Kim ♥ said...

I love the green on your bottom line, so beautiful =D

Yin said...

Thanks for all the comments! working on another inspired post!

Blair said...

Wow, you spent so much time thinking about this look! I never knew that Pikachu's stripes are brown o.O

The flash didn't wash out your blush, it shows up really well on my monitor =D

t said...

Cool look!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

Looks awesome! What a great idea, this look really reminds me of Pikachu x

Tao said...

AHH! Pikachu was always my favorite! Awesome inspiration/color combo! It looks amazing!

I used the lipstick straight from the tube. I did line my lips first though. :)

Yumeko said...

WOW! u look SO good!

Michelle of The Feather Den said...

NO WAY, there're make up palettes inspired by Pokemon?! WANT! Love this look, I definitely agree that the blue captures the electrifying quality that little bit more!

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

Nic Nic said...

This is a cool inspired look! the blue liner is very pretty and intense!

Anastacia said...

I like the combination of yellow and black colors!

And thanx for visiting me, sweetheart!

Dana Yoshimizu said...

This just reminded me of back in the day when I was all into pokemon!
ahaha, in elementary school I collected cards! lol